- Read more: Ireland’s UN SDGs – Goal 1 No Poverty 2024
The Central Statistics Office has published ‘Ireland’s UN SDGs – Goal 1 No Poverty 2024’.
- Read more: Environmental Indicators Ireland 2023
The Central Statistics Office has released: “Environmental Indicators Ireland 2023”. Some of the findings include that Ireland had the second highest emissions of greenhouse gases per capita in the EU27 in 2021 at 12.3 tonnes of CO2 equivalent. Additionally, the proportion of municipal waste sent to landfill in Ireland fell from 74% in 2001 to…
- Read more: Networked Gas Consumption 2022
The Central Statistics Office has just released its Networked Gas Consumption report for 2022.
- Read more: Urban Waste Water Treatment in 2022
The Environmental Protection Agency has published an overview of urban waste water treatment in Ireland during 2022. It identifies the priority issues that Uisce Éireann must address to protect the environment from the harmful effects of waste water discharges
- Read more: Climate Change in the Irish Mind
The Environmental Protection Agency has published a detailed examination of some of the findings of the ‘Climate Change in the Irish Mind’ 2021, Wave 1 baseline study. This report indicates that the majority of Irish people support climate policies and that opposition to climate policies appears to be related to local issues and concerns, rather…
- Read more: Clean energy technology adoption – policy analysis for a cleaner future
This research examines the uptake of clean energy technology under a range of policy scenarios. Ireland’s climate ambition has increased significantly with the recent Climate Action and Low Carbon Development (Amendment) Act (2021) setting out Ireland’s objective of achieving carbon neutrality by 2050 and targeting a 51% reduction of GHG emissions by 2030 (7% per…
- Read more: Nudges and Other Behavioural Public Policy Instruments to Encourage Environmentally Friendly Behaviour
Policymakers all over the world have started using behavioural public policy instruments to encourage behavioural change in various areas such as health, finance, and the environment (UN Behavioural Science Group 2021). These instruments rely on insights from behavioural economics and psychology on how people behave and how they interact with their decision environments. The behaviourally…
- Read more: Framing climate change as a generational issue: Experimental effects on youth worry, motivation and belief in collective action
The ESRI have published a working paper “Framing climate change as a generational issue: Experimental effects on youth worry, motivation and belief in collective action”. The paper is available HERE.
- Read more: Carbon taxes, poverty and compensation options
Carbon taxes, poverty and compensation options is now available from the ESRI HERE
- Read more: Householder Preferences for the Design of an Energy Efficiency Retrofit Subsidy in Ireland
The Economic and Social Review, Vol. 49, No. 2, Summer 2018, pp. 145-172 Matthew Collins, Economic and Social Research Institute and Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland Seraphim Dempsey, Economic and Social Research Institute John Curtis, Economic and Social Research Institute and Trinity College Dublin The Digest Series presents summaries of papers that make contributions to…