- Read more: OECD Health at a Glance 2023
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has published Health at a Glance 2023: OECD Indicators.
- Read more: Income Distribution and Redistribution in Ireland – A Geographical Exploration
This research examines the factors that have influenced the distribution and redistribution of household incomes in Ireland at four geographical scales – state, region, county and electoral district (ED) – over recent decades. The international research on the geographical distribution of personal incomes has concluded that the transition to neoliberal economic strategies in many economically…
- Read more: A New Generation of Symbols: Building a Shared Identity
Imagine walking into a space and hearing ‘God Save the King’. Now, you walk into another and hear ‘Amhrán na bhFiann/The Soldiers’ Song.’ Immediately, you may have intuitions about the identities of the people in those spaces, what they believe, and who else is welcome there. National anthems are just one example of the many…
- Read more: OECD Report: Strengthening Policy Development in the Public Sector in Ireland
The OECD has published a report that analyses the policy development process in Ireland, including the gaps, strengths, areas of opportunity and areas of action in the policy development system and further recommendations to improve policymaking. The report is available to read here.
- Read more: Heat Pumps and Energy Retrofit – a Case Study with Policy Insights. Why a sample home with a C BER hasn’t upgraded to a Heat Pump
Government policy is to install 400,000 heat pumps and carry out 500,000 home energy upgrades by 2030  with the National Retrofit Plan assuming that by 2025 up to 88% of B2 upgrades will involve the installation of a heat pump . There are clear advantages for the retrofit of old energy inefficient homes, e.g.,…
- Read more: Translating evidence into practice during COVID 19: a systematic review of measures used to reduce transmission in nursing homes.
This paper highlights the evidence of a rapid systematic review of measures in long-term residential care facilities during the Covid-19 pandemic. It presents the evidence base for multiple control measures for reducing transmissions, the implications of current practices and evidence-based policy recommendations, as well as the importance of academic research within public health management to…
- Read more: Ireland’s Competitiveness Scorecard 2023
The National Competitiveness and Productivity Council (NCPC) published a report on Ireland’s competitiveness position compared to other economies and identifies potential areas of concern. It is available to read here.
- Read more: Report: Towards a New Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Strategy
The report “Towards a New Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Strategy: A Review of the Literature”, was commissioned by the Department of Education, and undertaken by the Institute of Education, Dublin City University (DCU). It is available to read here.
- Read more: Inequalities in the Challenges Affecting Children and their Families during COVID-19 with School Closures and Reopenings: A Qualitative Study
This paper seeks to illuminate the policy implications of Covid-19 school closures and reopenings in Ireland through the voices and experiences of households, which reveals inequalities in terms of access to education and within home settings during school closures.[i] Using these insights, this paper identifies strategies and policy recommendations to mitigate inequalities throughout and beyond…
- Read more: Metropolitanisation as pathway to more effective urban and regional development in Ireland: Policy lessons and reflections
This paper explores the evolving policy context and lessons learned in Ireland’s ‘metropolitanisation’ plans, through an examination of metropolitan governance, city regionalism, national, regional and local planning, resourcing, buy-in, and alignment of new approaches to urban and regional development. This research employs data and insight from an Irish Research Council funded project, Ireland in the Metropolitan…