- Read more: European Child Guarantee: Analysing the extent to which children in Ireland have access to key services
This paper analyses the extent to which children living in low-income households in Ireland have effective (or effective and free) access to six key services, all of which are primarily or solely regulated at the national level. Our analysis shows that there are several obstacles that impede effective access to the key services, including financial…
- Read more: Census 2022 Profile 8 – The Irish Language and Education
The Central Statistics Office has released: “Census 2022 Profile 8 – The Irish Language and Education”. This is the last in a series of thematic profiles on specific areas of Census 2022. This publication focuses on the number of Irish speakers aged three years and over in the State, the population in the Gaeltacht areas,…
- Read more: Higher Education Outcomes – Health Graduates 2020 Destination Outcomes
The CSO has published “Higher Education Outcomes – Health Graduates 2020 Destination Outcomes” which examines the destinations of health graduates in terms of employment and re-enrolment in education in Ireland and analyses graduates’ migration patterns over the last decade using administrative data.
- Read more: OECD Report: Strengthening Policy Development in the Public Sector in Ireland
The OECD has published a report that analyses the policy development process in Ireland, including the gaps, strengths, areas of opportunity and areas of action in the policy development system and further recommendations to improve policymaking. The report is available to read here.
- Read more: The precarious employment of staff in Irish Higher Educational institutions and its policy implications
Since 2014, there have been a series of policy initiatives to increase the proportion of women in senior academic positions in higher educational institutions (HEIs) in Ireland (O’Connor and Irvine 2020). This focus has been criticised for excluding a focus on precarity (Meade et al., 2023; O’Keefe and Courtois, 2019). Since women now make up…
- Read more: Report: Towards a New Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Strategy
The report “Towards a New Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Strategy: A Review of the Literature”, was commissioned by the Department of Education, and undertaken by the Institute of Education, Dublin City University (DCU). It is available to read here.
- Read more: Inequalities in the Challenges Affecting Children and their Families during COVID-19 with School Closures and Reopenings: A Qualitative Study
This paper seeks to illuminate the policy implications of Covid-19 school closures and reopenings in Ireland through the voices and experiences of households, which reveals inequalities in terms of access to education and within home settings during school closures.[i] Using these insights, this paper identifies strategies and policy recommendations to mitigate inequalities throughout and beyond…
- Read more: Gender, Education and Skills Report 2023 – OECD
The OECD published its 2023 Gender, Education and Skills Report on the persistence of gender gaps in education and skills. It is available to read here.
- Read more: Latest Education Indicators for Ireland
The Department of Education and the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research Innovation and Science released a publication of the latest Education Indicators for Ireland (2022). It is available here.